Monday, September 10, 2012

i said a knit knot the knitty the knitty to the knitknit knot

 
I finished a little shawlette! It's the "Just Knit it!" pattern on Ravelry by Susan Ashcroft of Stitchnerd Designs. It was given out free during the Olympics and is now a pay pattern. Super cute. Super easy. And I got to stashbust on this (mostly) which is super awesome!

 
I knit this out of mochi and Sheep(ish). For the edge I ended up doing a row of single crochet all the way around the entire thing in gray. Then I went down to the lower two sides (not the neck side) and did a row of double crochet all the way across in the mochi (colored) yarn. I was going to go back and frame it all in with gray again - but I loved how it looked as is - so I stopped.


It is the perfect length and width. I can use it to wrap around my shoulders if I am wearing a dress - or wrap it around my neck like Emma is wearing it below with a jacket in the winter for super snowy day warmth. The mochi and the sheep(ish) went together like a dream and it is just squishy and so warm! I really enjoyed working on it!
 


Nice to have a WIP out of my Queue on Ravelry. I have had start-itis lately. Like RAGING start-itis. It's been killer. I am bored with items I have started already and want to do something New and exciting! Fickle knitter am I! So yay for getting something finished! Now on to the next!


4 comments:

Inthesky said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I love your shawlette, the yarn looks great. I also think your photo collage is super duper too. I might try that the next time I make something I am delighted with! Emma looks beautiful in it...tres chic. :)

LiteraryLadybug said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

@Inthesky Thank you Lucy! Those photo collage's are ADDICTIVE! I really love playing with them. Isn't Emma a great model? She works cheap too! ;) Thanks for the nice comment!

Pamela said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I love the colors that you chose. I'll have to look at adding this project to my ravelry queue

LiteraryLadybug said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

@Pamela The yarn was really nice to work with - very squishy! The pattern was very easy and a great mindless knitting in front of the TV kind of pattern. I suspect I will be making many more! ;)

Thanks for stopping in my blog and leaving a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...