Saturday, June 30, 2012

The Week in review

Saturday morning and my weight in was NOT pretty. I knew by the level of praying I was doing as I hit the scale that it wasn't going to be a joy filled weight in. I exercised really hard this week - but the food and the Salty Dogs were a little over the top this week. It was a really warm week and those ice cold Salty Dogs (Cold Grapefruit juice + 1 Shot of vodka over ice = YUM!) add up in the calories. Uffda. Will have to back away from the fruity booze drinks!

I have been trying a few new recipes to try and break free of the frozen meals. I found several great links to Flatout Flatbread Pizza's and they carry them at my local store so I gave that a whirl this week. LOVE THEM!


The recipe I followed came from this wonderful blog LaaLoosh.com and it was really easy and tasted wonderful. The photo above is from last night's dinner. The flatbread has pizza sauce, oregano, garlic salt, reduced fat mozzarella, mushrooms (canned - it's what I had on hand), purple onion, and one sliced red roma tomato. You can cook it on a piece of aluminum foil so no dishes!

And the flat out bread ends up being really crisp and wonderful. You actually bake the flatbread in the over for 8-10 minutes before adding the toppings. After I add the toppings I put the wrack in the oven all the way to the top to kind of broil the veggies and cheese into a melted yum pile. Works perfect! It's a lot of food and it has close to the same point value as the weight watchers frozen pizza I purchase at the store - but with fresh ingredients and FLAVOR! And this is like - twice the food. Sooooo good!

4 comments:

Inthesky said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Must be something in the air...my weigh in was far from pretty too! Gah!

LiteraryLadybug said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

@Inthesky I think The Weather Channel was talking about that - increased heavy air. I obviously was breathing too hard last week. ;)

Hippywitch said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Oooo those Salty dogs sound fabulous! That looks like like a fab alternative to pizza and no washing up is always a winner :-)

If it's the heavy air that's to blame then you can't possibly be held responsible!

Lori xxx

LiteraryLadybug said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

@Hippywitch The Salty dogs are just too good! I can't keep my hands off them in this heat!

I love the pizza and cannot wait until my tomato's come in so I can slice my own tomato's on them. Yum!

It's totally the heavy air causing weight fluxuation. Hopefully this front will move on soon and we can breath some thinner air soon! ;)

XOXO - Jen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...