Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Crochet Charity Scarf the Second (2012)


I finished my second crochet charity scarf to send off to the Pine Ridge Reservation in South Dakota. This one used 163 yards of worsted weight acrylic (Bernat Mosaic) and I again did the Extended Single Crochet Stitch. I chained 13 stitches and then worked the extended single crochet until I ran out of yarn.

I carried this in my work bag and just worked on it at my lunch. Very easy and it used up the yarn left over from the scarf I made my co-worker for her birthday. Very win win!

I would like to branch out and practice more kinds of stitches with charity scarves. What a great way to practice, stash bust and do a good deed all in one shot!

2 comments:

Hippywitch said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Ooo pretty yarn! I love the colours in that :-)
Lovely scarf for a good cause, well done you!

Lori xxx

LiteraryLadybug said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

@Hippywitch Thank you Lori! I just need to get this package mailed now. I am always a little slow with that. I love using up left overs and stash for a good cause. :) Warms the heart!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...