Tuesday, January 17, 2012

January - Thy name is ORGINIZATION!

I am slowly trying to dig myself out of all my stuff. Have I watched too many episodes of hoarders? Maybe. Regardless of the reason, I find getting organized an exciting endeavor. Especially when I get to fondle my yarn in the process.

Recently I started collecting my WIPs and all my bags of FO's that I abandoned once the project was done, and cleaned them up. Needles were reclaimed. Stitch holders. Small scissors. I found a bag with a scarf I started years ago that I had completely forgot about - and finished it. I found three wash clothes I knit this summer and had never wove in the ends. (Done now!) And I organized my scraps. I have three bins of "left overs" that were pretty disorganized. I think my original intent was to organize by weight. Now I have decided I would rather separate by content. So now I have a bin of cotton, a bin of wool and a bin of acrylic. 


I have fantasies of making crazy afghans out of my scraps. My cotton bin is attracting my attention in particular. I keep thinking how wonderful it would be to use all my scraps to make a blanket for our camper as it would be machine washable and kind of awesomely ugly.

I am a little amazed and appalled at how many wips I have found wandering around the house. Knitting materials seem to just wander about. Free ranging yarn? Hmmm.

6 comments:

Nicky said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

You go girl, and when you done, want to come and make a start on mine? LOL

Inthesky said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

You are setting a great example to the rest of us, have you seen Cherry Heart's Blog?...I have joined in with her 'Make a Pretty Crafty Home' blog follow along...

LiteraryLadybug said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Do I want to go to Ireland and play with yarn? Um..YEAH! You have to make it sound NOT tempting. ;)

LiteraryLadybug said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

OOOH! No I haven't seen her blog. I will have to pop over there and have a lookie loo. Thanks for the tip!

Sandra (Cherry Heart) said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Thank you so much for joining me on my PCH project for the year. I see you've already made a start on organizing things! The stash can get so unruly can't it!

I've linked you on my site and good luck for getting the home you'd like!

S x

LiteraryLadybug said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Thank you Sandra! The stash can get unruly. It's one of the things that I really enjoy organizing though - so it was no burden to do. :)
Looking forward to getting some great tips and hopefully giving some back to your community. Such a wonderful idea!
Have a happy day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...