Sunday, January 22, 2012

Checking in

I haven't been talking much about my weight loss goals and how things have been going. I am still working hard on my goals - but I have been struggling with the weight loss. When I weighed in yesterday (Zero loss/Zero gain) my weight watchers report told me I have lost 2.2 lbs in the last 4 weeks. Uffda. Something is not right here. They recently changed my daily weight watchers allowance from 29 points to 26. You wouldn't THINK three points a day would make that large of a difference, but it really has been throwing me for a loop. I used to have extra points every day, and now I am digging into my weekly allowance every day. Which has lead to me not wanting to track what I eat, which leads to only dropping 2.2 lbs this last month.

So I am heading back to the grindstone here. I have been exercising consistantly, but I am going to work harder on the food input and tracking. I am also going back to exploring recipies so I am eating some fresher foods that are more satisfying. As good as the frozen lunches I eat have been, they are still frozen meals.

I will also be taking a que from my Cat Izzi and trying to get more sleep!


January and February are always a hard time in Minnesota. It's cold. It's gray. There is no light. You feel like you are constantly bundled up and running from one warm area to another. We have actually had a very mild winter here this year, but it's still winter and it's still long, dark and cold. I know that affects my spirit. I am trying to not let stuff get me down, to take deep breaths, to slow down.


There will always be stressers in life. Always. So I need to learn how to shake them off and roll with the rough times. Something I have been trying to improve for awhile. It's not easy! But I am learning.


How is everyone else doing this winter? You all hanging in there? I know it's not winter everywhere, it's sunny and warm and awesome somewhere right now. I think New Zealand and Australia are in high summer now. Oh to be a Kiwi!

Maybe it's time to make an appointment to get a hair cut and throw some color on my toes. A little make-over might go a long way toward some much needed lifted spirits!

4 comments:

Inthesky said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Don't mention 'Healthy Eating Plan' to me! I quit! I tried for twelve weeks, quit before Christmas and have not started back up again. I am great at putting on weight it goes on so easily and quickly, just the getting it off part. I am having a lazy crochet day. Catching up with 'Sherlock Holmes' on BBC iPlayer. You are right we have to be good to ourselves! Of course we will plod on with the home and 'self' make overs, but we are allowed to cut ourselves some slack :) xxx

LiteraryLadybug said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I am still drooling over your lemon cake picture I saw a few hours ago! My goodness that looked YUMMERS! I think I might have myself a lazy day here too. Maybe a little organizing here and there - but I am thinking some quality sit on my butt and knit time is in order. Maybe a glass of wine with lunch! Yeah - I am living la vida loca! ;)

Nicky said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I also get down over winter, especially when family in south africa keep posting lovely pictures of them all sizzling by the pool - arrgg! Hang in there. I think you should be nicer to yourself, you have achieved more in the weight loss department than most people i know. You have the staying power of glue and never give up. Pat yourself on the back, have a cookie, put your feet up and worry about it next week.

LiteraryLadybug said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Oooh that WOULD be hard. Poolside pictures. OUCH! I woke up this morning to the sound of snow plows and the thought I better leave early for work as we got a couple inches of snow over night. **sigh** At least I am going back with hot pink toe nails! I gave myself a cheerful pedicure yesterday. :) It felt good to pamper myself a bit!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...