Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Tuesday - Insomnia Fest Continues!

I am kind of getting sick of this. Yesterday I had a TERRIBLE headache and went to bed at 7:00 pm. Woke up at 12:30 in the morning and could NOT go back to sleep. UGH! Come on! So I finished knitting my KAL cowl and got caught up on this season's "The Biggest Loser". Then I went to work knowing I needed to cut the day short so I could come home and get a nap and try and be less of a Zombie and more of a Jenny. Of course this happens when my full timer took a day off and my other worker decided to call in. (Am pretty sure they planned this in advance since they decided to "Work ahead" the day before.....) Grrrrrrrrr.

So I went in and performed all the "Have to get done's" and then went home. Got back to sleep at 11:00 this morning and didn't wake up until about 4:00 this afternoon. Am trying not to think about what is going to happen tonight. (will I be able to go to sleep at a normal time? will I get any amount of sleep tonight?) And I still have my headache. Which is often a precursor to a cold. Think I will need to get some of those Cold Eeze products and take care of myself the next few days. I do not need to spend my vacation sick! :) Oh yeah - I am off next week on vacation! Wahoo!

The Girls were being very cute this morning when I was up early. Emma loves being snuggled in our old blankets and Izzi will seek out any heat source to snuggle on, so I get a picture like this every once in awhile. Too cute!

This is my KAL Cowl with all the ends woven in and it pinned out on my blocking boards. I really like this Yarn! It's
Vickie Howell's yarn for Caron Yarns called Sheep(ish) and it's cheap, soft and you get good yardage. I had not splits in my two skeins I used for this pattern as well - which is always a nice bonus! I will be making more projects with this yarn!

So this is the blocking method Vickie Howell recommended for this project. Apparently this yarn does not react well to steam blocking, so this is just a wet cotton hand towel that I pinned over the top of the whole thing. I placed this in the basement to dry over night and (hopefully) when I get home from work tomorrow and get through my work outs I will be able to get the buttons on and have it be DONE! It's in the 40's and raining here today - so we are hitting that time of year when knit accessories are a must. Looking forward to wearing this!

4 comments:

Connie Kresin Campbell said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Your cowl looks beautiful and the girls look comfy! Do you have sinus or allergy problems? I woke up at 4 am this morning sneezing and had a terrible headache until I took some sinus medicine.

LiteraryLadybug said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

@Connie My Allergies have been killing me this fall. I took something before I went to sleep last night and think I will go back to taking some during the day too. We have snow in the forcast so maybe this will stop soon?!?! Thank you for the compliment on the cowl! I am anxious to get the buttons on and to wear it! :)

Larissa said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Love the knitted cable - this is going to look great when it's made up.

LiteraryLadybug said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

@Larissa Thank you Larissa! I am anxious to get it finished! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...