Saturday, October 8, 2011

Saturday Mornings are Good Mornings

My trusty work-out sneakers. I am going to DESTROY you!

It's Saturday morning - So it's Weight in day. I actually LOVE Saturday mornings. Not just because I don't have to work - that is just a Du! But I love everything else too. The last two Fridays I have fallen asleep well before 9:00pm. This morning I slept until just past 7:00 - so I really got some good rest. I get up and let the dog out and feed her. Then I can sit at my computer and sip on a cup of coffee and wake up s l o w l y. How lovely to not rushrushrush. Then when I am ready I head over to my Wii Fit and weight in.

This week I had my biggest loss - 2.7 lbs. (-13 on WW and -28 from my heaviest). I found this surprising since last Sunday I splurged and ate a calorie & fat laden extravaganza from our local Mexican Restaurant. Re-fried beans and cheese galore. It was amazing and I have no regrets whatsoever about eating it. But I thought it would slow my weight loss this week. Apparently not. Good lesson learned. One meal does not a fat-ass make. Flipping that coin around, I am learning patience and persistence is key in lifestyle change. I am still delighting in how much and the variety I can eat. I have ice cream frequently - It's just not a pint of Ben & Jerry's anymore - now it's a Skinny Cow drumstick - which are VERY good btw. Love them.

My increased exercise has been doing me good. I feel like my body is pulling in and I kind of feel like I have a little of the ol' Jenny swagger back. Not quite up to Old Spice Guy on a horse level of Swagger - but I am slowly getting my mojo back.

One of the joys of this journey and this steady slow drop in weight is that every day when I pull something out of my closet to wear I get the joy of it slipping on and instead of trying to find something I can fit into. To wear clothing that I could never really fit into and have it kind of hang on me now is soooooooo gratifying. Yesterday I wore a blouse that I had avoided for some time. I would have to wear a tank or tight tee under it and then button one or two buttons rather strategically to hide bulges. Yesterday it buttoned top to bottom and there was much room to spare! I actually had the thought that I should wear a tank under it because it is a little too big and gaps open. Oh yeah! I will take that my friends!

This next week:
I feel like I am pretty on track for my goals. I want to continue with my exercise routine and always always always drink more water. (Why is this so hard?)

8 comments:

quilthexle said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Congrats to being on track for your goals ! I know it's sometimes hard to drink enough water - that's something I find a bit easier in wintertime, because I can drink infusions (tea) ...

Connie Kresin Campbell said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Congrats on following your goals! Thanks for stopping by my blog, I tried to email you but you are a no-reply blogger.

LiteraryLadybug said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

@quilthexleThank you so much quilthexle! I need to remember that about drinking Tea!

LiteraryLadybug said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

@Connie Thanks for stopping by Connie! I am still working out this blogger stuff! After an hour and a half or work this morning I added code to my blog so I can COMMENT BACK to people! How sad is that? At least I can do it now! Thanks again for stopping by. Love your Blog!

Larissa said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hi! Thanks for stopping by my blog and the lovely comments! I can't take credit for the Tardis though - that was made by a friend for my little boy's birthday. :) I am so impressed and inspired by you achieving your goals - well done. I need to drink more water too - living in Australia dries your skin out really badly, and I know what to do about it, but just don't! I will follow your good example! xx

LiteraryLadybug said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

@Larissa Thanks so much! It's funny that drinking water is such a struggle. I am not sure why that is but I am constantly having to push myself to drink more. :) Thanks for looking at my blog and the nice comments. Made me smile this morning AND I ran and got a glass of water too! So thanks for that too! ;) Have a great day!

Mina said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Stopping in to say hello from blogtoberfest. Congrats on your weekly loss. You inspire me to get back up and use my wi fit

LiteraryLadybug said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

@Miss M. Thank you so much for stopping by and for the nice comment! I love my Wii for work out inspiration. Hope you have a wonderful week!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...