Saturday, September 24, 2011

My Health Quest

This morning was my 4th weight in and I am very pleased with my progress. I am down 8.1 pounds on Weight Watchers and 23 lbs from my heaviest about 2 years ago. Feels really good to be making steady progress.

I am still amazed at what I can eat on this "diet". For the first time in years I am eating bread and ice cream again. No - I don't go hog wild - and yes it's light bread and WW or Skinny Cow ice cream - but knowing I can work these little ice cream treats into my health plan is helping me to not grab a candy bar when I gas my car up and sit in the parking lot eating it in practially one bite. Never a proud moment that.

I am still a little nervous about things like outings, restaurants and camping trips. I went on a camping trip my second week on weight watchers and spent HOURS trying to plan food. I think because I was new to WW I was really worried about how it would go and had visions of destroying my diet. Nope. I did just fine. I weighted in the Monday morning after I got back instead of the Saturday I normally weight in and still showed a nice loss. I tried to pack as much power foods as I could and walked the trails at the park with my husband and dog. It was really nice and I felt rather empowered to have eaten healthy meals and felt satisfied all weekend and STILL lost weight.

I think one of the things I am enjoying most is the feeling that I am actually in control of this body. I have spent so many years at war with it, and when did my body become seperate from me come to think about it. Time to realize that I AM MY BODY. Time to own this form I took and work with it rather than against it.

This week I want to try a few new recipies and branch out a little more in my foods. The more I know about what I can eat and how it affects me the more empowered and in control I will feel.

I want to up my tread-milling this week. I want to go from three one hour sessions to four. Currently I am knitting on my treadmill so I walk at around 2.5 for a speed with the incline at 50%. I drip sweat and my heart rate is increased and my muscles feel it - so I am satisfied that I am getting some exercise. Conversly I am anxious to finish this afghan I am knitting so I can step up the intensity. Also I just ordered Zumba for the Wii and want that to arrive so I can start working my core and tail feathers.

Must. Drink. More. Water.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...